Saturday 10 March 2018

The Hobbit or is it?

A new challenge has started over at The Library and this time its The Hobbit, you can either be inspired by the book cover, title or the story. 


I think the design of the cover is very naive and just a little bit dark, then again it is about a Hobbit.  In light of that I decided to make an alternative cover trying to replicate the look with a fun twist...


Ta Dah!  

Its The Hoppit.  The background has been done using various dies as templates and spritzing with Glimmer Mist  Just like the book I added in black pen lines but keeping it simple.  I added a small border around the main image, coloured it green and added matching symbols from the book.  The frog is from a very old Penny Black stamp set and he was just masked off then coloured with greens.  The sentiment is computer generated and the font is called Requiem from DaFont.

I'm not completely happy with this card but I had fun making it and it was nice to use some very old stash.

Challenge Links...

The Library Challenge - The Hobbit

16 comments:

  1. This really made me laugh - an alternative book cover The Hoppit !!! It's fantastic!!!Thanks for joining The Library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brillaint!! And much better than the original as well. I loved the book but it gave me screaming nightmares, sigh.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too clever! The Hoppit! LOL Your take on that cover is too much fun and I love it! Great thinking on this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever! Love how you got the look of the original and made it cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever interpretation. Your card is inventive and cute. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun card!! Very clever indeed xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the card, it is so original and the little Penny Black frog is too cute in his gorgeous background.

    x Stefanie

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL love it ... think I'd much rather read your version!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow I just love your take on the Hobbit, the colours are lovely, fab stamping and a real cute fog.
    Hugs Babs x

    ReplyDelete
  10. It’s so cute, how did you even think of it! Love your background, it really does look like the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun and exciting new challenge! I just love your take. Such a great punny design! :) Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh! This is awesome! The Hoppit...love your cleverness!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  13. ha ha very clever, love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Any comments left are always read with a happy smile and I will return the kindness by visiting your blog, take care x