Tuesday 6 March 2018

Happy St. Patrick's Day

A little early but there are a few challenges with luck/St Patrick's Day as the theme for this coming week/fortnight including Fusion and Addicted to CAS.


I started this card by stamping the little fox come leprechaun first then with a stamping block I drew pencil markers on it to avoid the image and coloured the green and orange with Zig watercolour pens direct to the stamp block then spritzed with a generous amount of water.  I cleaned off the excess water in the 'white space', masked the fox (just in case) and stamped to create the Irish flag.  Now because the middle stripe is white, it looked a little odd so I made my own stencil using a tiny heart die and hand drew the stalk, cut out with a sharp knife and sponged little shamrocks falling down.

The fox was coloured using alcohol markers, to lift the card a bit I added some Wink to each one of the shamrocks, coloured some white pearls in Sharpie black and finished off with the sentiment.

Challenge Links...

Fusion - St Patrick's Day
Addicted to CAS - Luck/Lucky (Irish and luck go hand in hand ;))

7 comments:

  1. The winking little Irish fox is too cute! I love how you added the Irish colors and shamrocks too! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claire, a cute little fox and a lovely card featuring the Irish flag for St. Patricks Day. Have a wonderful week... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really fun card, Claire! I love how you created your own little leprechaun, and your bold color palette is perfect! Great job keeping all that white space, too!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the flag and what a great way of making the shamrocks from a heart die. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a clever card. Thanks for sharing at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm amazed at all the clever ideas you used on this fabulous and original card! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Thanks for playing along with us at Fusion card challenge :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Any comments left are always read with a happy smile and I will return the kindness by visiting your blog, take care x