Saturday 20 January 2018

Beary Special Day

For todays card I've used a set called Birthday Bears from My Favourite Things.



After starting, I suddenly realised I'm a bit shy on brown pens so I wasn't able to do any form of shading.  I coloured him using just two very similar shades but he looked boring so I added a bit of bleach to make him look a bit textured - not impressed but hey, you gotta try new things haven't you?

After that I masked him and the balloon and just blended some blue around.  The sentiment is also from the set, added some glossy accents to his balloon and a few pearls to finish off - voila.

Challenge Links...

Crafts Galore Encore - Anything Goes

Supplies:  Sheenas stamping card, MFT Birthday Bears clear stamps, Stazon ink, Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, Copic bleaching pen, Glossy Accents and Kaiser Craft red pearls.

6 comments:

  1. Oh you 'just blended a bit of blue around' did you? It looks so perfect! When I try that it's a major operation. I love how you got the fur texture on the bear. This is a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see the texture on your gorgeous bear, it's just right. I do struggle with colouring but I'm not very patient. I think I'm improving a little. The blue blending and accent pearls are perfect for setting him off. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This bear looks delighted with his little balloon and being surrounded by all that wonderful blue shaded color! A sweet and perfect card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi this is a gorgeous card I love the bear. Thank you for joining us at Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Blog for the current challenge which is always Anything Goes. The sponsor Sparkle N Sprinkle. Hugs Jackie DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card, fabulous masking around that super cute bear and I love the technique for texturising the fur xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's a real cutie. A lovely card Claire. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Any comments left are always read with a happy smile and I will return the kindness by visiting your blog, take care x