Tuesday 24 October 2017

Frankly!

This card and die caused me a little confusion at first as I wanted a 7x5" card but the die was too small, I thought I could align it back up but then it looked all odd so I had to settle for 6x6 and when my plans are scuppered I loose my concentration and momentum.


After settling on a 6x6 card and after filling a bin with failed attempts, it came together fairly quickly excluding the 2 hour practise session lol.  The slowest part was colouring the ghost, mummy and Frank.  I've made this card for my youngest son to give my husband and the sentiment reflects that as a step-dad - he's the best.

Challenge Links...

Less is More - Monsters
Cupcake Inspirations - Ghosts/Ghouls

Supplies:  6x6" card base, white linen cardstock, Dream Street orange patterned paper, unbranded die, Sugar Pea Designs clear stamps and sentiment.

15 comments:

  1. Thank goodness you persevered Claire because this is such a fantastic card! Beautifully coloured and the die cut edge looks amazing. I know what you mean about losing concentration when one thing goes a bit wrong - hate it when that happens. Thank you so much for sharing this beauty with us at Less is More xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great Halloween card Claire and I love the die. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable, Claire. I love the circle die cut edge design. You’ve coloured the monsters beautifully too. Your husband is going to love it. Thank you for joining us this week at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Claire. Worth the failed attempts i think. Sounds like me though...more time thinking and binning than actually making a card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so frustrating, isn't it, when things don't go to plan and the bin fills up or rather, the pile of bits I may use again. You made it though and the effect of the die cut with the paper behind is striking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like that great die that cuts the circles and wild scalloped edges too! Great card with those cute Halloween images within the circles!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh...so cute! Love it! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely monster make for the LIM challenge this week

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Claire and love your sweet monsters too ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your experience reminds me of the quick and easy cards I take hours to make! But this was worth it - it looks great and is a lovely idea for a child to give.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspiratios Challenge!
    Danijela - DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was worth all the trouble, Claire! Congratulations on the fabulous showcase from Less Is More!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your showcase at LIM - your card is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Any comments left are always read with a happy smile and I will return the kindness by visiting your blog, take care x