Saturday 12 August 2017

Dandelions

A quick(ish) card for me to share today, I'd decided earlier in the week that the Hero Arts dandelion stamp was coming out again, this has to be one of my favourites and its years old.


I started by cutting 4 2" squares from with the idea of putting them on the card in a block of 2x2 but on a 7x5" card they looked cramped so I changed tack and went for 3 running vertical.  The white squares measure 1.5" and are raised off the patterned paper.


I added some orange and lime splatters to lift the card but still leaving white space.  I then stamped the image again using second generation ink and added the sentiment using graphite black dew drop ink to make it stand out.  Popped a glitter straight line around the edge of the mat in green and a sprinkling of pearls and gems to finish.

I shall pop along to Pixies Playground with this one as the patterned papers were left over bits from a scrapbooking page I did years ago using Dream Street Birdie Bits.

Supplies: Sheenas stamping card, white textured card, Dream Street Birdie Bits patterned papers, Inktense pencils, Hero Arts Dandelion and sentiment stamp, KaiserCraft pearls/gems, Brilliance Dew Drop inks in Graphite Black, Starlite Black, Pearlescent Rust and Pearlescent Ivy

7 comments:

  1. Such an effective way of using that lovely stamp and just right for the snippets challenge too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claire, it may be an old stamp but it works brilliantly, love the splashes of ink adds interest without extra layers. Have a wonderful week... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a lovely stamp and deserves to come out. It's this sort of stamp which first attracted me to stamping. I often find the plan I have in my head does not fit on the card but you have worked it out here with a great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, the dandelion really is a lovely stamp. Lovely design and a good way of using some of your snippets. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card Claire - very clever design and great use of snippets as well!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Claire

    What a beautiful card. Love how you have used that pretty stamp. It has been in my collection for quite a while now and is a firm favourite here too.

    Love how you have combined it with your sentiment.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a lovely stamp and your design is amazing! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Any comments left are always read with a happy smile and I will return the kindness by visiting your blog, take care x