Wednesday 5 July 2017

Echinacea

I adore the beautiful echinacea purpurea flowers, commonly known as purple coneflower which belong to the happy sunflower family which always puts a smile on every ones face and that brings me nicely to my card.

For this card I'm using the Tim Holtz echinacea stamp set that comes with a lovely splatter stencil.

I decided before starting that I was going to stay true to the purple/pink colouring of echinacea and coloured them with Kuretake watercolouring pens, I distressed the background using Tea Dye Distressed ink with the stencil and a BoBunny netting stamp.


  
I added a strip of embroidery anglaise (love that stuff especially clothes, its girly) that was dyed, wrapped a length of string around it for a bit of interest.  Stamped the 'smile' stamp numerous times - blimey that stamp does not like ink and I'm thankful I have the Tim Holtz stamping platform that made light work of the many times it took to be completely black.  Fussy cut around it and adhered it to the card with 3D foam.



A close up of the flowers, I actually enjoyed colouring these and finally found a happy medium between me and my Kuretake, doubt it will continue as we have a love/hate relationship.

Challenges Entering:-

Love to Craft Challenge Blog - Anything Goes
Daisy Chain Challenges - Floral    
Stamping Sensations - Anything with Flowers                          

Supplies:  Tim Holtz Echinacea clear stamps and splatter stencil, BoBunny netting clear stamp, Heidi Swapp 'Smile' sentiment, Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress ink, Stazon jet black ink, a length of embroidery anglaise, basic parcel string and KaiserCraft brown gems.


14 comments:

  1. This is a great card with the classic TH touches - I like cone flowers too and didn't realise he'd done a stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Claire. The beautifully coloured flowers are stunning. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and great colouring! Thanks for joining us at Love To Craft! Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again soon!!
    HUGS!
    Ann DT
    http://anncard.blogspot.tw

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely bright and cheery card and so beautifully coloured.

    Many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensation Flower theme.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card, so lovely.

    Hugs
    Anke

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Claire, a beautiful card, lovely flower stamps and lots of texture. Have a wonderful weekend... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous card, The flowers are beautifully coloured and love the netting stamp. Thank you for sharing with us at Daisy Chain and good luck in the draw.
    Jennifer DT member x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Claire this is beautiful and I love the pop of pink on the flowers.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love seeing the same stamps used in different ways - this is a totally different look to the one in the post above, but equally lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A really gorgeous card Claire. I love the colour of your flower and the background looks great. Your design looks super. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful card, definitely made me smile.
    Thanks for joining us over at LOVE TO CRAFT.
    Jean xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the look of this card. It's always a good card (to me) whenever splats are involved!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the echinacea flowers, Claire, and you've coloured them so beautifully. The whole card design is very striking, simply gorgeous! Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  14. A bit like me and watercolours, sometimes I achieve and awesome result and other times it just doesn't work no matter what I try. Lovely, lovely card, adore the echinacea flowers in real life and love the way you've used the stamps here Karen xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Any comments left are always read with a happy smile and I will return the kindness by visiting your blog, take care x